Praying for school students
If you have not considered how you can effect the young people of the borough then simply start by praying for you local secondary school. Their are only 14 secondary schools in the borough (soon to be mapped onto Google Maps!).
- Ark Greenwich Free School, Shooters Hill Road, SE18 4LH
- Eltham Hill School, Eltham Hill, SE9 5EE
- Halley Academy, Blackheath, SE3 8EP (formerly known as Kidbrooke School)
- Harris Academy, Eltham, SE9 5EQ (formerly known as Eltham Foundation School)
- International Academy of Greenwich, Lee, SE3 9DU
- John Roan, Westcombe Park, SE3 7QR
- Leigh Academy, Blackheath, SE3 8SY (formerly known as Blackheath Bluecoat School)
- Plumstead Manor School, Plumstead, SE18 1QF
- Royal Greenwich Trust School, Charlton, SE7 8LJ
- St Mary Magdalene CofE All Through School, Greenwich Peninsula, SE10 0NF
- St. Pauls Academy, Abbey Wood, SE2 9PX (formerly known as St Paul’s Catholic Secondary School)
- St. Thomas More Catholic Comprehensive School, Eltham, SE9 2SU
- St. Ursula's Convent School, Greenwich, SE10 8HN
- Stationers' Crown Woods Academy, Eltham, SE9 2PT (formerly known as Crown Woods)
- Thomas Tallis, Kidbrooke, SE3 9PX
- Woolwich Polytechnic, Thamesmead, SE28 8AT
- Woolwich Polytechnic for girls, Thamesmead, SE28 8RP
Encourage your Church to do the same on a regular basis. Pray for the teachers, the pupils, the helpers, the head-teacher and for Gods peace to come upon the school.
"... if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in Heaven." Prayer will effect the schools.
Greenwich Youth for Christ (GYFC)
Good training, networking and encouragement is essential for the youth leaders if their young people are to grow - both in numbers and spiritually. Greenwich Youth for Christ (GYFC) is one organisation working in the Greenwich Borough to advance Christs kingdom amongst the youth and to encourage leadership.
There are many ways to become involved with GYFC - to support the mission work or utilise support.
Greenwich Youth for Christ has been supporting local church youth ministry and outreach for over five years. In this time we have initiated new youth groups, provided volunteers to help run them and enabled volunteer youth leaders to develop their skills and confidence through tailor made training.
In addition to providing or helping people, GYFC have a range of resources to help youth groups develop and help youth leaders survive! These resources include the popular Rock Solid programme for 11-14, a specially written three-year programme of games and activities for young people linked to churches.
In addition to this programme YFC has established a church resources department. This department provides resources from 8-18, weekends away and holidays as well as evangelistic camps. The GYFC team are also involved in running residential programmes and have access to a wide range of material and advice.
The Boys' BrigadeThe Boys’ Brigade runs activities for:
- Anchor Section - for Boys aged 5 to 8 years
- Junior Section - for Boys aged 8 to 11 years
- Company Section - for Boys aged 11 to 15 years
- Seniors - for young men aged 15 to 18 years
The Boys' Brigade provides a balanced programme of activities for children and young people from 5 to 18 years old.
These resources have been developed to help volunteer youth leaders work in a relevant and creative way.
We hope through these programmes they will be able to make a positive contribution to a young person's life and be able to share their faith.